"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive." Anaïs Nin


Need to change text size? Click one of these:
Small Medium Large Larger Largest

Want to read this post later? Send it to your Kindle reader:

Send to Kindle

Monday, September 24, 2012

"The Rupture Sometimes"



I saw this fascinating video posted on FaceBook by CCAC Captioning ( @CCACaptioning on Twitter ).  It is about 30 minutes in length, but well worth taking the time to view. It is captioned. This excellent film addresses some of the misconceptions we have toward disabilities and how we tend to generalize them. I like how each individual shares their experience. The woman with severe nystagmus was particularly interesting to me, as that is something I have in conjunction with my hearing loss. It makes it difficult to read lips if I'm not close to the person speaking.

"A film by Kevin Gotkin. Filmed at the University of California Humanities Research Institute, Irvine, CA. Made possible by the University of Pennsylvanis's GAPSA-Provost Fellowship for Interdisciplinary Innovation."



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YkWsk1tXLw&feature=player_embedded

1 comment:

  1. I found this video interesting. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete