"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive." Anaïs Nin


Need to change text size? Click one of these:
Small Medium Large Larger Largest

Want to read this post later? Send it to your Kindle reader:

Send to Kindle

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sign Names of a Few Superheroes

Kym Bozarth posted this for us on FaceBook from Master ASL page. Here are some of the name signs of superheroes explained by Travis. This isn't captioned, but I think you will understand the concepts. I just added the second video, part 2 at the bottom with a link to the facebook page where you can find these for yourself, along with many other examples.



part 2


6 comments:

  1. I love this! Thank you, Travis. Your explanations are very easy to understand and it is cool to see the sign names for the superheroes I grew up with (and a few that are new to me... I'm a bit older than you - smile). I would love to see more videos from you. You sign nice and clear which helps someone like me who is still learning ASL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh, no Batman sign. Those signs were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tisia, YES!! There is a part 2 video with Batman being the first sign!

      Go to facebook.com/MasterASL

      Delete
    2. This is so very cool! I recently became interested in ASL, read up on it and happened across the concept of sign names and wondered about super heroes. I can only finger spell so far (and that I do poorly) but even I was able to pick up some of what Travis was communicating through gestures I do know and his facial expressions (A+facials Travis!) Thanks so much for putting this out there guys! So going to have to learn more. Now I just need to find someone to teach and or practice with me...

      Delete
    3. Travis is great! I'm happy you found this to be helpful MsDragonChild, ad I hope you find someone to teach and practice ASL with you. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. EXACTLY, I LOVE-it also! TRULY COOL, YOU!. My favorite is Storm, but I grew up with Superman. I knew one day I would find my own...sighs.
    Where is my superhero? ;)

    ReplyDelete