"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive." Anaïs Nin


Need to change text size? Click one of these:
Small Medium Large Larger Largest

Want to read this post later? Send it to your Kindle reader:

Send to Kindle

Friday, August 12, 2011

Anonymous Comments

 I'm going to follow this excellent advice and no longer publish anonymous comments. "Anonymous comments are not worth responding to. Generally they are left by people who wish only to stir up strife." Also along these lines, when a blog post is reposted, ALL comments are lost, not deleted. If you want to say something hateful or derogatory, publish it on your own blog.

2 comments:

  1. I have nothing to do with anonymous comments either, as I had the odd trouble with those sort of comments. But when someone who I knew tried the anonymous comment way of doing, he was not anom to me as I could see his ISP, and when I checked it out, his past names came up!

    I think when someone genuine wants to leave a comment on your blog, they will leave their name. I have had no problem since by doing that.

    I also recommend, which is what I have done on my deaf blog, is mention this in a text widget and place it to the top right hand side of your blog. Because months or years down the line if you have new commenters to your blog, they won't see this post and know about. But to the right of your blog they will. :)

    All the best with your blog and hopefully less trouble,, now you are not allowing anoms to leave comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, for the well wishes, Liz. I'll take your advice as well, and add the widget.

    ReplyDelete