"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive." Anaïs Nin


Need to change text size? Click one of these:
Small Medium Large Larger Largest

Want to read this post later? Send it to your Kindle reader:

Send to Kindle

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Inspiring Video of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Role Models

My friend, Sharon posted this on her FaceBook page. What a wonderful video from the UK, captioned and BSL (British Sign Language) and ASL (American Sign Language). . I didn't know any deaf or hearing impaired people when I was young, either. As far as I knew, I was the only kid in school and college with a "hearing problem".  It wasn't until I was an adult that I met other deaf and hearing impaired people. I'm so happy to see videos like this for today's young people to inspire, encourage and support them. Kudos to Ted Evans for finding these amazing individuals and their stories!

I had the video embedded here, but Fabulous Husband said it auto started every time the page loaded, and would begin to play while browsing through the stories. So I removed the embed feature, but you will have to go to the website to view the inspiration video there.

Visit Ted's website here:  Ted Evans

4 comments:

  1. When Sarah at Speak Up Librarian first got in touch with me via email, after a particualr post I wrote, she became in my eyes a role model for me, after discovering support and friendship with her, and us getting to know one another.

    With the things she does, I still see here as my role model.

    And you as you know already through an interview I recently I did that you read, I see you as a Mother figure through support and friendship you gave me. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Liz, you are very welcome. I thank you for helping me on this blogging journey. I owe so much to you and to the blogging community, Deaf Girl Amy Sargent, Sarah, Megan, (e, and so many others. The support has been remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and your welcome too. Its nice to know we have a support network and friends to chat too online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a first step, people who think their child is displaying many of these warning signs and think they may have hearing loss or other hearing disorders should see a certified audiologist. Also, they provide treatment for hearing loss including fitting hearing aids and other assist listening devices


    -------

    ReplyDelete