"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive." Anaïs Nin


Need to change text size? Click one of these:
Small Medium Large Larger Largest

Want to read this post later? Send it to your Kindle reader:

Send to Kindle

Saturday, May 9, 2015

My Mother

I am incredibly grateful for the woman who selflessly allowed me to be adopted into another family.

My mother adopted me when I was 11 months old. She not only was my mother, she was my best friend, and I miss her dearly. It's been 17 months since she transitioned from this earth, but I find the grief still too fresh. She gave me an incredible life filled with travel, hiking, camping and fishing and a myriad of other experiences. She was smart, funny, kind and gentle. 

But more than all of that, she loved me unconditionally. 

I hope I am like her when I grow up. 


Mom (Mary Evans) and me, summer 2012, Oregon Coast 


My mother at the Trees of Mystery,
2013



Beach art by Gary for Mother's Day, 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment