"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive." Anaïs Nin


Need to change text size? Click one of these:
Small Medium Large Larger Largest

Want to read this post later? Send it to your Kindle reader:

Send to Kindle

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Meet Amelia

There are so many creative young people that deserve a good chance to follow their dreams and sometimes need a little help. A simple vote of confidence can go a long way. I would like to introduce you to an up and coming film maker, Amelia Hassard



Amelia is working hard to win a scholarship to New York. In order to win, she needs your votes. Why am I asking for you to vote for her? I like what she has in mind for her story from a deaf perspective.

Amelia writes, "I'm writing a short film about a young deaf man. Since I am hearing, and have no contact with any young people who are deaf, I've been reading a multitude of blogs written by deaf people to understand deaf experiences better. As a result, I found myself referring back to your website on several accounts, particularly with respect to signing culture...

"I would be really grateful if you would watch my film pitch and would greatly appreciate any feedback you may have

"I am in a competition to win a scholarship to film school in NY, and this will get my film funded and mentored. If you are happy to help, please could you post the link below so that others could vote for me too? No money is required, just a popularity contest on Facebook.

I would be delighted if both BSL deaf and ASL deaf audiences saw my pitch (and eventually my film! It will be subtitled where necessary but will not focus on 'word-based' communication anyway)."

I submitted my vote for Amelia, you can, too!

To vote for Amelia, you must FIRST be logged into your FaceBook account.

Then click this link http://bit.ly/128jDEa  that will take you straight to Amelia's video. You will need to "like" the film school's page "The International Film Institute of New York".

You can then click "VOTE". You can also help share the video by posting it on your wall, if you wish.  You can always un-like the page after voting, your vote will still be registered.

Be sure to check out more of Amelia's work: http://ameliash.tumblr.com/

Best of luck Amelia!

No comments:

Post a Comment