"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive." Anaïs Nin


Need to change text size? Click one of these:
Small Medium Large Larger Largest

Want to read this post later? Send it to your Kindle reader:

Send to Kindle

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Why I Love This Adoption Story

Here is another adoption story, this one by Signing Time's Rachel Coleman. Here is the link for Laura's story:
Laura’s Story

I love adoption stories, such as Rachel and Laura's above. I was adopted by a wonderful woman when I was 11 months old. Back then, it was free to adopt a child through state agencies. There were a few things she had to do before she could come and get me, paperwork, background check, etc. Then she took a train from Oregon and went to Missouri to get me. I still remember a part of that train trip today, but that's for another blog another day.

I adopted Little Fellow in the State of Oregon before I met Fabulous Husband. Little Fellow's birth mother has told me on several occasions she knows that she was to give birth to him and that God's plan was for him to be raised by Fabulous Husband and me. This is not a surrogate situation. This was a young mother with enough love and care toward her birth child to want the best for him and to give him that by placing him in a situation she believed was best for everyone, not just herself. God bless her for her maturity at such a young age! Sometimes letting go is the greatest act of love of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment