"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive." Anaïs Nin


Need to change text size? Click one of these:
Small Medium Large Larger Largest

Want to read this post later? Send it to your Kindle reader:

Send to Kindle

Monday, September 16, 2013

Pyrates at the Faire!


My daughter flew out from the Oregon Coast for a visit. Of course, the first thing on our "to do" list was to spend a day at the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, which is about 20 minutes from our home.




The weekend's theme was "Pyrate Invasion". As we neared the grounds, there was a billboard of Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp himself) announcing the invasion. We saw several Captain Sparrow look-a-likes, along with a few Captain Morgans and a a few women pirates as well. People in costume get a discounted ticket upon entering the grounds, however, just an eye patch and hat won't you get you in. Costumes need to be well put together.

I wish I had picked up the cards of many of the venders and taken photos of their wares. There was beautiful jewelry, crafts and art everywhere.

Should you visit the Shire, be sure to stop by and visit with Peter Stackowiak of Perth Pewter. I loved his oil lamp of Stonehenge. We are making a return visit for Halloween at the Ren Faire with our 9 year old for trick or treating fun, and I plan to stop in and pick up one of Peter's creations. He has been working with Pewter for decades, and is now teaching his son the craft.


Peter Stachowiak, mold maker and owner of Perth Pewter

Pete is very friendly and understands hearing loss. His mother had no hearing in one of her ears, and only a percentage in the other one. I think that's what I saw him say. I'll have to ask him next time we stop by.

Look at this BEAUTIFUL Unicorn from the Magic Misthttp://www.perthpewter.com/unicorn-from-the-magic-mist.html that Peter crafted. Isn't this simply gorgeous?



Costumes are available throughout the realm. My daughter had a lovely time dressing in attire from 











I lost my little pill box during our last move. I had purchased a medicine pouch - I lost that, as well. I found the perfect solution to carrying my medicine with me at the booth owned by Mystic Realm Artisan






This beautiful locket has my birthstone, amethyst, and just enough room to carry my afternoon pill, and a few extras in case I drop one.


















Don Juan and Miguel sword fighting. 



Oh, some poor soul lost their sanity! 

I'm looking forward to returning in a few weeks. The temperature will be much cooler, but the friendly folks of the Faire and the good fun will warm the heart yet again. Perhaps I'll take more photos next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment