"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive." Anaïs Nin


Need to change text size? Click one of these:
Small Medium Large Larger Largest

Want to read this post later? Send it to your Kindle reader:

Send to Kindle

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day: It's Not Just for Mothers

Not all women are mothers in the sense of the common definition, but many have a "Mother's Heart". Though the woman I am blessed and privileged to call "Mom" didn't give birth to me (I was adopted), she is in all rights and manners my mother. She loved me because I was her child, regardless. She once told me, "Though I didn't carry you under my breast, I carried you in my heart". That's what being a mother is. Loving and carrying others in your heart.

Today, I not only appreciate "birth mothers", but all women who carry that love for others in their hearts, whether you have children or not. Happy Mother's Day to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment